Welcome to Reception!
Hello everyone! We hope you have a lovely time learning lots of new things. We want everyone to have fun, make friends and work hard.
Our class page is divided into three simple sections:
1. This page, which is packed with useful information for the school year.
2. The 'In Class' section, where you'll find information about what we are learning and exploring together at school.
3. The 'At Home' area, filled with handy guides, advice, materials, and resources that you can use during those sit-down times at home.
Your class teacher is
|Your class teaching assistant is|
Your class volunteers are
You can contact us about anything, via email or leave us a note in your child's communication book!
Here are a few things that you need to know:
- Be sure to subscribe or add a home page shortcut to our Calendar on your Smartphone.
- PE day is Friday.
- Please make sure all your child's clothes are labelled and no jewellery is to be worn.
- Library books will be changed on a Monday.
- Working hard is a thirsty business, so remember a water bottle every day.
- Your book bag will come home every day, so remember to bring it in the morning.
- Our adventures take us outside, so please always bring warm outdoor clothing.
- We want the best for everyone, so please talk to the Reception staff about any questions or concerns.
- A free school dinner and fruit will be available daily.
Topic homework is set at the start of the half term and collected in on a Tuesday, please complete at least one activity a week.
Phonics homework will be sent home weekly, so please help your child learn the new letter sounds and digraphs.
Please try to read every night at home and record it in your child’s reading record.
Short regular reading sessions really make a difference to the progress your child makes.